A TIMS permit is required for all trekking areas in Nepal. TIMS can be issued at the Nepal Tourism Board office at Kathmandu or TAAN offices in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Moreover, registered trekking agencies can use the TIMS permits for their clients.

A permit ticket is required to enter the Conservation Area Project, national parks, areas requiring special permission, wildlife reserve areas, and hunting areas.